Weave FFFOF Swap

Here are a few pics of my recent swap piece done for the Fifth Friday Festival of Fabulousness Swaps over on Weave.

The swap theme was Bestiary - which gave everyone quite a lot of leeway for creativity and subject matter.    My swap partner posted a pic to the forums a while back of David Tennant as the 10th Doctor, so being the total Doctor Who geek that I am, I made my piece to fit in with both themes. ;)


Brannigan

I printed Brannigan's pic on a piece of cotton - which I think was a remnant from the back of a set of cotton curtains that used to hang in my daughter's room.  After printing him, I embellished him with stitching, using DMC 100% cotton floss.

Brannigan's Nose

I've noticed that kitty noses tend to look like little dots in close-up photography so I decided french knots were going to be perfect for his nose.

Tiny Chain Stitches

I used tiny chain stitches to outline his bomber hat - though they are hard to see with the naked eye.

The total finished size of this piece is 4".  I think I worked on it roughly 3 hours. It's hard for me to stop when I'm embellishing - when is it too much? Is it not enough? I think I'm happy with the way he turned out and my swap partner really liked him, so that is a win-win!

xo

Comments